Wednesday 4 April 2018

1st Carlist War: 2nd Guipuzcoan





This is my best shot at the colour Garance which seems to have been very popular in the 19th century, especially in Spain and France.


Although Perry make a number of less “uniform” chaps, I am making this first brigade (the Guipuzcoans) as close to regular looking as possible. The Navarrese, the second brigade, will be much more irregular looking. I will shortly have bought all the figures for this brigade (4 battalions, 2 squadrons, one battery and one general) so progress is being made, if slowly.


In the bottom picture you can see the difference between the two shades of red.




2 comments:

  1. Hi, I've enjoyed looking at your Carlist Regiments. What rules are you planning to game with? I've just had a couple of actions using Sharp Practice 2. I've also been painting the Cape Wars command pack as Munster Light Infantry for the British Legion as they are fairly contemporary. I wish you well with this project.

    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephen. I have not decided yet on the rules but I will probably use one of the computer sets I have - either Carnage & Glory II or Computer Strategies.

      Delete